Archive for January, 2006
NAS GETS AN IMPRINT AND A NEW LABEL HOME AND LANDLORDS
Nas signs a new recording deal that finds Sony and Def Jam in business once again. Looks like a creative opportunity to make sure Donnie Ienner recoups his money back that Columbia Records spent over the years on “son.” Well crafted by the good ol’ 550 Business Affairs folks. Essentially Nas and Jay Z ended their beef over the summer at a concert in NYC and Nas will now call Def Jam a partner. Now you know longtime Nas sidekick Steve Stoute has to be involved somewhere in this mix especially since he and Sean Carter are partners. Maybe Nas’s presence will motivate Jigga Man to leave the corner office and head over to Hit Factory and record a response to Cam’s diss record which is buzzing in the streets right now! Expect Nas’s album to be one of the most anticipated of the year.
NEW KEYINFLUENCER EMAIL IS IN YOUR EMAIL BOX NOW!
KEYINFLUENCER 2:3 COMING MONDAY!
Sorry for the delay but you will receive 2:3 on Monday. Had a lot going on this week and all I gotta say is God is good to me! We also will debut our video podcast show on Itunes in the next week or so. Special sneak preview going out to my V.I.P list, you know who you are.
Checking In With Us Last Week:
- Kim Green (Atlanta, GA)
- Jackie Lee (Diageo, New York)
- Tony Martinez (NY Post, New York)
- Brian Ross (Turner, Atlanta)
- Don Mandrik, Esq (Atlanta)
- Kim Cooper (BG Unlimited, New York)
- Isisara Bey (SonyBMG, New York)
- Eli Friedman (Microsoft, Seattle)
- Tracey Waples (Def Jam, New York)
- Anne Simmons (Cosine Advertising, New York)
- Que Gaskins (Reebok, Philly/Boston)
- Courtney Sloane (Alternative Design, New York)
DAVE MAYS AND TEAM OUSTED, BOARD MOVES JEREMY MILLER IN
Though he probably has the right heart, the brand has already been
tarnished. The Source Mag is on one leg but the board is trying to get
its money back.