Got some great feedback from INFLUENCE after this issue. You gotta really give us some feedback because we don’t know if what we are writing is of any interest to you unless you respond. I am not mad at even the one word responses, at least it tells us we are on track. Got a great call today from Rico Washington, manager for Youngbloodz who said that what we wrote really helped him out. We try to drop “spiritual” nuggets and glad that he picked that up–Prayin for ya dog!
Our prayers and condolences go out to the family of Justo Faison, who pioneered the Mixtape Awards in NYC. Though I never met him, I have heard great things to him and consider his death a tragedy. May God bless his family with understanding and wisdom.
OBSERVATIONS FROM TODAY
- That Sanctuary Urban situation is a trip, it looked nervous to me from the intro though. Did you really think Matthew Knowles could run a label??? Plus it felt like a company trying to do many things well. Overall it was looking very “dot comish”
- The advertising agency has become the new “record label” for hustlers. As someone who does this for a living, please brush up on the game before you step into this arena
- The brand South Africa is tipping.
- Totally forgot to discuss this LeBron James firing of The Goodwin Brothers, that is going to be very interesting to watch. Folks are saying that Stoute and Jay Z are making their moves on the kid. This will be one to watch and I know the agents are nervous right now
- Got an email from an “insider” Shanti Das title is EVP, Marketing for Universal/Motown, blah blah blah……sorry sis.
Thanks For Checking in: Diana McClure, Shawn Gee (Gee Financial), Bethann Hardison, MannyAlexander, Donald Woodard